Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Our Christmas Porch

The cold, snowy weather has arrived in Calgary and I have finally braved the cold weather and decorated it for Christmas.  I used alot of red this year only because it makes the porch stand out.  I went back and forth deciding whether or not to decorate the railing and I finally decided it wouldn't be worth it especially when all of the snow hits it, it would just cover everything up.  Let me show you what I did.....


I decided this year to use a basket full of greenery rather than a traditional round wreath.  I purchased the basket from Home Sense a long time ago and filled it with greenery bushes and berry sprigs.  After I placed the sprigs in the basket I placed the cutest bird house on a stick and off set it to the right.  I then took some big red burlap ribbon and tied it to the basket and hung some cute plaid skates/boots to it.


Here are some other views of the basket and I am so loving the little birdhouse.....






I filled our empty urn with a fresh mixed greenery basket that I got at my local florist.  The only thing I added to the basket were the pre lit cranberry sprigs.  At night they light up and it's so pretty and bright.




See the little lights.....


Next came the corner where I placed a old black wooden ladder.  The space was really empty and the ladder really filled it up...


Tied the wicker bell to the top....


Filled the basket with greenery and red Christmas ornaments and tied it off with the same red burlap ribbon....


The Merry sign was in the dollar bin at Michaels....



On the side of the house and porch I hung a red berry wreath that I made from a red berry garland and tied a set of wicker bells to it....





Hope you've enjoyed a tour of the porch.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you will keep checking back as I share my indoor decorations...

Linking to:



Weekend Bloggy Reading

By Stephanie Lynn

Making the World Cuter



14 comments:

  1. I love your porch! You did a fantastic job....love the drama that red brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The ladder with the basket full of ornaments and greenery is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, I like what you did with the urn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to incorporate a ladder in your decorations. I am going to try not to neglect my porch this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated. Everything is perfectly placed. :)
    Thanks for sharing.
    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I adore your porch! The skates on your door hanging are such a great touch. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely basket of greenery. You have just enough on display.

    Now, I had better get up to the attic to find all of our Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did to your porch. The basket is perfect with the greenery and the birdhouse. I actually haven't done my porch yet...you've inspired me. I do have a basket like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your front door greenery is gorgeous!! I'm featuring it tomorrow during The Weekly Creative link party. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your front porch. I have seriously been back to look at it three or four times. I cannot get the little ice skates off my mind and am going to turn over my craft stores looking for something similar! Thank you so much for sharing and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your front porch! I think all the red touches go together so well, and I think the ice skates are the cutest touch.

    And I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a darling porch. I love all the natural elements, makes it look homey and inviting!

    Here from KK

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...