Thursday, August 1, 2013

His and Her Closet Organizer


Today I wanted to share the my newest addition to our master closet.  When we moved from Dallas a little over a year ago, the new homeowners had requested that the two closet organizers I had made stay with the house.  I was sad to leave them behind, but was thrilled they loved them so much that they wanted to keep them.  

When we found our current home here in Calgary, the master closet had a huge blank wall in the closet and I knew immediately that a big his/her closet organizers would be perfect for the wall.  



To get started on this project, my Dad constructed a frame out of molding and cut the pegboard to size....


Painted it a metallic black......


I chose a grey fabric and also purchased a thin piece of batting to place between the fabric and pegboard....


Adhered the batting first and then placed the fabric on top of the batting and used a staple gun to secure it....


For the final step, we used small screws to secure the pegboard to the frame.....


Then it was time to hang on the wall.....the next step was to decide where to place all of the items (ties, scarves, hats,etc.) and start placing the hooks into the pegboard.  I followed the same exact steps as I did HERE to put the hooks through the fabric.  

Below are some pictures of how it all turned out....





********************

Here is a breakdown of His Side vs. Her Side....




Thank you so much for stopping by.  I am thrilled with the way this has turned out...

Check out my other closet organizers by clicking below...



Have a great day!!!

Linking to:



Organizing Homelife


Weekend Bloggy Reading



By Stephanie Lynn


Monday Funday at TWCS

Home Stories A2Z

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the organization! Wish we had a larger closet for something like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that shoe storage, too! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never appreciated the look of pegboard, but I LOVE that you lightly upholstered it, so it still functions, but doesn't look like pegboard at all! What a smart solution. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this!! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello! Pinning now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE! What an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome idea! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very organized. It is nice to see if all of your stuff are well-organized. Thanks for sharing such a great idea!
    closet organizer Sarasota

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in the middle of organizing my closet right now. This was a very helpful picture. I love how you created "artwork" out of organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are many ways to go about organizing your closet. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these closet storage solutions  definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boston Closet Company is a family-owned business that provides storage solutions by designing and building custom closets and organizational shelving design your own closet Boston.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...