Saturday, August 17, 2013

"Grab a Bag" - A Way to Organize those Bags of Chips.....


Our school year doesn't start until the first week in September and I am trying to get in gear and get everything ready so I am not cramming everything in to the last weekend before we head off to school.  I am in the process of re-organizing my pantry and the first thing I have done is created a fun and space saving way to store all of those "lunch size" chips.  Let me show you a creative, cheap and easy way to display the chips that won't take up any space in your pantry.


It all started with the picture below.  I was getting so tired of walking into my pantry and seeing this mess of chip bags in the box on the floor.  The chips are always so nice and neat when you get them home from the store, but then the family ransacks it finding which chips they want and it ends up looking like a tornado went through it.  


Supplies Needed

Strip of wood - I purchased mine at Michaels in the craft area
Scrapbook paper - The amount is small, use your scraps
Clothespins - Medium size
Velcro strips for hanging
Mod Podge
Spray paint
Glue Gun
Vinyl for labeling

Start by spray painting the piece of wood.  Here is a picture of the before and after.  You will only need one piece. I chose white because I already had the can of white spray paint.


Next step is for the clothespins......

I laid out the 18 clothespins after they dried on the board to get the perfect distance between each before I secured them to the board...


I chose to stagger them so I could fit all of the bags onto the piece of wood....


After I had the distance between each I wanted, I secured the clothespins by using hot glue.....


Here is the board after all of the clothespins have been glued.  I left room at the top of the board for a cute vinyl label.....


Closer look......


I used my scrap vinyl to make the label......




Use the velcro picture hanging strips (I used a total of 4) to secure the piece of wood to the pantry wall....


It is now time to clean that box of chips out and clip them on the board....






Fits perfectly on an unused wall in the pantry....


Thanks for stopping by....

Have a great weekend!!!!

Linking to:

http://www.cleanandscentsible.com/





By Stephanie Lynn
Monday Funday at C.R.A.F.T.
Skip To My Lou

The Gunny Sack

3 comments:

  1. What a smart idea! I may just have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart! Yep I'll be going to home depot this week to get some wood!
    New follower here, hoping you'll stop by my blog and say hello and follow back :)
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I have the perfect place in my pantry for this! Found you on Make the Scene Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...