Friday, July 26, 2013

A Canadian Tray...It's Not Just For The Table


I revealed our Picture Gallery Wall in our family room yesterday in this post.  Today I wanted to show you how I transformed the tray to be a one of a kind piece that will always have significance to our family.


This was the tray when I purchased it from Home Sense.  I loved it the moment I saw it but wasn't thrilled about the number 5 on it.  I was able to unscrew the wood tray, flip it over and paint whatever I wanted.


Price was just right....


I took all of the screws out and flipped it over....



Blank canvas to work with.....


I wanted to paint something on the wood that represented us as a family.  I could have painted the number "3" on it, but I wanted something unique that represented us where we are now.  We are loving our time here in Calgary (who wouldn't with the view of the Canadian Rocky Mountains) and so I thought of the Canadian flag and the Maple Leaf....

I downloaded the leaf onto my Silhouette Cameo, cut it out and traced it onto the wood with a pencil....



Then I picked out a color of acyrlic paint and painted the leaf....


I then hung it on the wall after it dried....





Linking to:



2 comments:

  1. Love it! That is a great art wall. I'm planning something for our basement tv room too but still need to paint the wall and collect a few more items. I just finished painting a maple leaf on a pillow and now need to stitch it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, Great look. I am curious where did you get your TV credenza?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...