Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Homes....A Shadowbox of Keys

I am in the process of working on another picture gallery wall in our living room and I am excited to share with you what I recently created.  This project has been in my head for a really long time and I could not believe how easy it was and how quickly it came together.

We are currently living in Calgary, AB but we started out living in Arkansas in 1994 before moving on to Texas and Louisiana.   I thought it would be nice to display the house keys of all of the homes we have lived in as a reminder of how far we have come in our 19 years of marriage.

Supplies Needed

Shadowbox - The one I used is from Michael's
Metal Label Holders - Purchased from Michael's (they are from K and Company)
Tiny Hooks - Hobby Lobby


I started by placing my keys on the top row to get the right distance and then I just screwed in the tiny hooks.  I then centered the first row of self adhesive metal label holders directly under each key.  Do the exact same thing for the second row.  After both rows are done, simply create the labels on your computer and print out, cut and place in label holder.



I created a big "Our Homes" label on my Silhouette Cameo.  I adhered it to the fabric by using my Xyron machine.




To finish the shadowbox, I added a few metal roses that I spray painted black and used my hot glue gun to secure them.


Stay tuned for more projects that I have made to hang on my picture wall gallery....If you haven't seen my Picture Gallery Wall that I created in our upstairs hallway, simply click HERE.

Have a great week!

Linking to:

Home Stories A2Z


Lil\'Luna

The 36th Avenue

Weekend Bloggy Reading

17 comments:

  1. Wish I had thought to save the keys from all our homes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this idea! It turned out so cute. I have some old keys I've been wanting to display too. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome!!! We would love it if you would link up at our linky party:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-21/
    Live every Wednesday to Sunday.
    Hosted by:
    http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/ Parrish @ Life with the Crust Cut Off
    http://thissillygirlslife.com/ Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life
    We hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea! I love decor items that have a personal touch like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this!! My husband and I are in our second home, which is supposed to be our "forever" home, but after seeing this I want to make him move 4 more times! Definitely pinning! Thanks for sharing :)
    Emily @ www.myloveforwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet display! What a great way to remember your past homes. Thanks for linking up at Whatever Goes Wednesday. We'll be featuring this over at Someday Crafts tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sweetest idea! What a fun way to remember all of the places you've lived! I would love if you would share this on my linking party today! http://www.fidlersunderoneroof.com/2013/06/fidlin-fridays-link-party_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful idea, I love it!!! Such a sweet way to capture memories!!! We have moved so many times too, I should do something similar!!!! :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good! It makes me want to move a few times just so I can make one of these!

    Stopping by from link up.

    craftingafairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea. I think I might just have to make one for myself!
    http://www.chocolatesforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea! You've got a lot of keys :-) Here's how I did the pinterest button: http://www.bloggersentral.com/2012/11/pinterest-pin-it-button-on-image-hover.html

    Just google pinterest hover button and loads of tutorials come up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy I just stumbled across your blog. Just yesterday I found a key to our old home and placed it in a box. I love this project. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Love this idea! Just stopping by to let you know you've been featured on my Finding Friday Favorite Finds. Be sure to swing by and grab my featured button; you deserve it!

    http://itsalwaysruetten.blogspot.com/2013/06/finding-friday-my-favorite-finds_28.html

    I hope you will link up to my What I've Been Up to... mid-year highlight party on Wednesdays in July!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful idea. We moved a lot. I wish I would have saved something from each house to do something similar. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...