Saturday, February 2, 2013

Valentine's Day Dry Erase Board


I was recently in IKEA and came across these awesome frames for my craft room and for $5.99 a piece, I couldn't resist.  I had purchased some paper from Paper Source during my recent trip to Houston and wanted to frame the paper for my craft room.  When I got home, I had the idea to put the Valentine paper I purchased in them and decided to use them as a fun and festive dry erase boards.

Supplies Needed
Decorative Paper (wrapping paper works great)
Frame
Dry Erase Marker

If you have never been to Paper Source and you have a store near you, I urge you to go there.  It is by far one of my favorite stores and was on my Top 5 stores I had to get to when I went to Houston for New Years.  I so wish they would build one in Calgary.  There paper supply is a work of art.  You can always find something there that will work for you.  They sale it by the sheet or by the roll.  I like purchasing the sheets because I like framing them.  It really is a quick and easy way to get a work of art in any room.

Here are the two Valentine papers I chose.  Each sheet was $2.50 each and each frame was $5.99 each.   For less than $9.00 a piece, I was able to decorate a couple of doors with a fun holiday themed picture.

For Paper Click HERE:  For Frame Click HERE

For Paper Click HERE:  For Frame Click HERE

I took the acrylic glass out of the frame and laid it on top of the paper.


I traced around the frame of the glass and then cut out the paper and framed it.


It was time to hang it on the door.  I decided to hang this one on my son's door to his bedroom.



Now for the fun part, take a dry erase marker and write sweet notes.  It erases right off too....



Same steps as above but with the other paper.  I hung this on the Laundry room door as we go out to our car.  Last minute notes before we head out the door.





This was a fun, easy and quick Valentine decor craft.  I plan on doing this for each holiday because Paper Source makes it so easy.  If you don't have access to Paper Source feel free to just use wrapping paper.  There are so many pretty options out these days.

Have a great weekend!!!

Linking to:

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea so much!! I was just trying to figure out something for our back door, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute idea! I love that you can just change out the paper! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...