Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Great Day at Pottery Barn........

A long time ago Pottery Barn came out with a 3 tiered wire basket that I saw in their catalog and I remember totally falling in love with it because they featured it in their craft room area.  I never looked into buying it but I remember how much I really really liked it.

Source:  Pottery Barn Catalog
A couple of weeks ago I was in my local Pottery Barn and I came across this in the clearance section (see picture below).  I instantly thought to myself, "No way that could be those baskets".....I asked the sales lady if this price was correct and she said "Yes".."It is supposed to be a 3 tiered basket, but we have no idea how it came apart and we can't find the rod that went with it."  In my head the whole time she was talking was SOLD, SOLD, SOLD.....


I came home and knew exactly what I was going to do with these adorable little baskets.  I was going to make it into a 3 tiered basket with a wooden dowel...

I went to the hardware store and bought a wooden dowel for $3.00.  I measured the height I wanted and cut it with a saw.


I then painted each stick with some grey paint I had left over from my front door remodel and it matched perfectly.  The bottom basket was attached to the bottom of the longest wooden dowel by simply using a screw.  The second basket was attached by using a double ended screw because the second dowel was also going to have to be attached to it.






I then placed the smaller basket on top and used a screw to hold it into place....


I was done...easy fix and I only invested $5.00...wooden dowel and screws.

It is now resting comfortably in my craft room.  Let me show you what I'm using it for....

I attached a cute metal flower that has a magnet on it to bring some color into it....


The top basket is great for all of the washi tape I have accumulated.....


The middle basket holds alot of decorative accessories I have......


The bottom basket is being used for alot of mini scrapbook albums I have made.....



I am so happy with the way it turned out and it is a great addition to my craft room....


So next time you are in a store, always check out the clearance section....you never know what you might find.....

Have a great day!!!

Linking to:


Lil\'Luna

Home Stories A2Z

504 Main

Liz Marie Blog

The 36th AVENUE

17 comments:

  1. You amaze me at your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY HECK! OH MY GOODNESS! OH MY GOSH! I absolutely LOVE this! You would make my day if you linked this to my party {going on now}...it'll be fun ;-)

    Jessica
    myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a crazy good deal!! Good thing you're creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome! I wish I was that lucky at Pottery Barn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet find! Not to mention those baskets easily could have been wasted if they never sold due to missing the center piece. Stopping by from the My World - Made By Hand link party. Love your site! Now following! Come check out The Frugal Freshman Homemaker if you'd like!
    frugalfreshmanhomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just popping in from My World - Made by Hand link party, and this is amazing! What a great deal on those baskets, I'm so jealous. I never go in there because I know I'll get sad when I refuse to drop lots of loot on things, but now I think I'll have to be brave and strong, and just go straight for the clearance! What a great project - thanks for sharing! Definitely pinned & following :)
    Best -
    Kim @ Two Ten

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I love that tiered basket too. Good work! Love your blog ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! And so handy, love that it can hold a lot :)

    Mandy with The Hankful House

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great and thrifty project! I would love if you would share this over at our blog hop http://www.ablossominglife.com/2013/03/frugal-crafty-home-blog-hop-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to It's a Crafty World! You'll be featured tomorrow. Please stop by, check it out, and grab a featured button...and, hopefully, link up some more awesome craftiness.

    Jessica
    myworldmadebyhand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an amazing job with that amazing find! I LOVE this piece and I am so glad yo gave it a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an amazing job with that amazing find! I LOVE this piece and I am so glad yo gave it a good home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! I wanted to stop by and thank you for your amazing DIY basket tutorial. Hope you don't mind but I had to feature you in my collection of DIY Baskets Blog Post. Thanks for sharing your inspiring creativity with us! Hope you have an inspiring day! Thanks! Lil Miss Katie's =)
    LOVE YOUR BLOG!
    http://www.lilmisskaties.com/blog/diy-projects/item/277-diy-make-your-own-basket-ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...