Saturday, December 8, 2012

Fill the Stockings


Merry Christmas everyone..Can you believe we are just days away from Christmas.  Do you have a mantel?  Where do you hang your stockings if you don't?  This simple way of transforming an old cabinet door can sure solve your question of where to hang the stockings and after Christmas, it can be used again.

I have to admit that I do have a fireplace with a mantel (see it HERE), but needed to hang my stockings somewhere else this year because our fireplace is constantly on and it gets so hot.  I'm always scared that the stockings are going to get too hot.  My solution....I re purposed an old cabinet door a long time ago (click HERE to see it) and decided to use it.  It is hung in the entry way along with some other Christmas decorations and I just love how it turned out.

I first started by hanging the frame and then hung the stockings on the existing knobs.  I then cut out the saying "Fill the Stockings" on vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo (I love that machine) and transferred it on the wall inside the frame.  To finish the look off, I hung a red berry wreath above it.  So, no fireplace or mantel, no problem.  Here is a great solution.....






Merry Christmas!!!!

Linking to:


Saturday Seven

I Heart Nap Time

SixSistersStuff.com

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


52 Mantels

2 comments:

  1. I just got a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday specifically to use like you did. Is there a specific vinyl to use on wall decorations?
    Just learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! I love it!

    www.mommymandymusings.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...