Saturday, July 14, 2012

Missed You, Our Move to Canada and a Home Tour of our Dallas Home...


Hello, Hello, Hello..I have missed this place, my blog, and I'm so happy to be back!  I first want to say Thank you to all of you who have emailed me and asked how I'm doing, where am I, am I okay....the answer is yes, I am okay, but a little thing called "moving out of the country" kinda got in my way of my creativity!  I kept up via Facebook and Twitter, but for the most part, I just didn't have the time to sit down and write!

We have relocated from Dallas, Texas to Calgary, Alberta!  We have been here for about four weeks and I am trying to unpack some of the last (514) boxes and start settling in.  We are renting our house since this will be a short assignment so I am excited about decorating a "rental" property and finding ways of making it a home without investing alot of money!  I hope to be sharing alot of this journey with you!

I thought it would be fun to take you on a tour of our home in Dallas that housed alot of the crafts and home decor items I shared with you over the last year.  This move was bittersweet, because I loved this home and I loved all of the room in had in it.  We had to store alot of furniture before we moved, because our new place is not as big as this one.  I love looking into other peoples homes, and my friends know that one of my past times is going to model homes.  I even have a three ring binder with pictures and ideas from model homes that I have had for years.  I hope you enjoy this tour...it is a TON of pictures so BEWARE!!

Our Dallas Home


Here is the entryway as soon as you come into the front door....


This cross is one of my favorite pieces in the house and we purchased it especially for the ledge at the top of the stairs.....


Dining Room.....


Front Foyer.....

Remember this frame that my Dad made, it came with us to Canada and I have the perfect place for it here.  If you are new here please read here how he made it....hint...fence posts....



Office......


Living Room with an open Kitchen area....



My little side table in the living room...with my Easter beans.  I dyed them with food coloring, you can check that out here.


I loved having a counter height bar with these beautiful bar stools I found at Anderson's....


Remember that boring trash can, I embellished it with vinyl and my cricut.  You can see it here.


Kitchen table with the cute burlap placemats I made...you can find that post here...


One of my favorite spots in the kitchen area was a coffee nook I sat up.....


I'm a sucker for lamps, small lamps.  There is just something about all of the lights being off in the house at night and all of my little lamps on that make me happy.  This one was on top of the refrigerator....


A place to hang our hats and bags.  I found this old shelf in Canton..I miss Canton:(


I tried to always have a reminder of keeping calm....I found this bag at Wisteria!


Bird Cage memo board.  I placed it in my kitchen with a 3M hook, so no permanent damage.....


My bird bookend lamps...again, I'm a sucker for little lamps....


Paper towel holder that came in beige, but I spray painted it black and distressed it a little with an emery board......


Master Bedroom....


Chance's Room.....




Chance's Bathroom...can you tell he is Mario Crazy..




Playroom.....
My Dad made this play table.  It is knock off from Land of Nod....


and my Dad made these bookshelves.....


Our guest bedroom...it's a little vintage because it is filled with antique furniture from both of my grandparents, so it's really special....


My Craft Room



Our outside patio....


Funny Story about my Closet Organizers.....

The two closet organizers that I created, well they were a selling point of the house and the new homeowners asked if they could buy them....heck, I gave it to them.  I've already sketched out a new, bigger one for our new home.....

Tutorial is Here
Tutorial is Here

I know that this was picture overload, but I hope you had a good time taking a tour of my home.

Please stay tuned within the next week for a great blogging event called "Christmas in July"..I will be participating with a group of Texas gals from the "Cowgirl Up"link parties as they are hosting a week long event of Christmas crafts.....I have created a new way to display Christmas Cards, so I hope you will be checking back soon for details....

From my new home in Canada, I hope you have a great weekend!

Linking to:


42 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your new home Missy! Look forward to your next post. :) Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Welcome to Calgary;) you are gonna love it here! I can't wait to see what you get up to, I will be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am so in love with your Dallas home! Will you be moving back to it after your short assignment in CA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Canada, Calgary is a beautiful city. I am not to far away in sylvan lake, ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you make your closet organizers? Thanks for sharing the great photos!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tricia...I attached under each picture above the tutorials. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  6. I LOVED your Dallas home!!! I could see myself living in it. My favorite part was the coffee nook. I'm from north Ft. Worth myself. Hope you have fun up north!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tour of your home Missy -- hope you get settled there in Canada and wishing you and your family the best during your stay there. Texas will be waiting for you once you return.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tour Missy! I love your home in Texas but look forward to your new place in Canada. Have fun decorating and cant wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house was beautiful, and I now can't wait to see your new one!

    Happy Move!

    Tab
    my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you enjoy Canada. We are a friendly bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must go organize my closet NOW! LOL
    Pretty house, thanks for sharing!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful home! Thanks for sharing! We would love to have you link up to our party!

    http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the tour of your Dallas home! I'm sure you will have the same magic touch in your new home. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from The Shabby Creek Cottage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-6.html Wishing you a grand rest of the week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the big homes in Dallas. And the weather is nice enough to use your sweet patio almost year-round! Thanks for sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry you had to leave Texas, but what an adventure you'll have in Canada! I love your former home, especially your craft room. Visiting from Whipperberry link party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a beautiful home. We have the same microwave and oven combo and very similar granite in the kitchen. Haha. What a great opportunity for you to live outside the country. I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your closet organizer. I may need to put that on my "to-make" list! Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, stopping by from Kelly's. What a stunning home but I'm sure you'll have fun decorating your new home. Blessings, Dani

    ReplyDelete
  19. JEALOUS! I love your staircase and that craft room is awesome!If you get a chance I would love for you to link up at Get Schooled Saturday linky party going on all weekend!
    xxx Kim
    http://too-much-time.com/2012/07/get-schooled-saturday-32-and-bhg-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful home! Thanks for the tour!

    I just know you're new place is going to be super sweet and what fun to start fresh! ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how stunning!!
    I love everything, congrats on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just saw your widget about your niece being Miss Arkansas! My cousin was Miss Ohio last year and we were in Vegas cheering for her! It was a blast! :) Congrats to her and your fam! Have fun with it! :)
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home is absolutely beautiful!! Loved the tour! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! Hope you'll be back soon to share more amazing ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Dallas house is just beautiful. Strange thing, I watched an episode of House Hunters (or maybe My First Place) on HGTV yesterday and there was a house that looked just like yours! Was this a custom house or is it possible there are others in Texas somewhere?

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw you from Kellys Korner and your home looks JUST like the homes where my father in law lives ... Lantana. Is that where your home was? You had it decorated SO pretty! I'm especially a fan of your paper towel holder. Where did you buy it? I know you painted it, but I just like that it saves room on the counter.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What beautiful home that you had here in Dallas. I'm sure that your home in Canada is just beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Saaa-wooning over your craft room! Mercy sakes. That would make anyone want to create!! LOL. Your whole home is beautiful & I'm looking forward to browsing around & seeing what you do w/the new rental. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just saw this post, and of all the beauty, the thing that made me sit up straight was the paper towel holder with a little shelf for soap. Something like that would work so well on my island sink area. Can you recommend a source for it? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just found your blog and can I just say I love EVERYTHING. Your Texas home was beautiful as I can only imagine your Canada home will be just as nice.I fell in love with your paper towel holder I saw the same one on enchantedcottageshop.com but they were sold out I was heartbroken needless to say. I love the color of yours where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stumbled across your blog while looking around on pinterest. I also live in Dallas (just outside in a city called Lantana). Our "Dallas" home's are very, very similar in floor plans! I grew up in Canada (Ottawa, Ontario) so I will be browsing around your blog for a bit. I love your decor style, and your blog! One of these days I will start a home blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your home! Sorry you had to leave the great state of Texas :/ I was wondering if you remember where you got your awesome paper towel holder??

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been looking everywhere for a similar paper towel rack thing, where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Where did you get the paper towel holder?! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I live in the Dallas area so I'm used to this style home. Your home here in Dallas is beautiful and I love your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Please tell me where you got the gorgeous paper towel holder. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Where did you get the beautiful paper towel holder

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...