Friday, July 20, 2012

Medicine Expires....Organizing Your Medicine Cabinet

Did you know medicine expires?  When was the last time you cleaned and purged your medicine cabinet?  Yesterday I tackled organizing our medicine and going through and disposing of all of the expired medicines.  I had quite a few, but not as many as I did when I cleaned it out a couple of years ago.  I just dumped everything on the counter and started sorting our son's medicines and the adult medicine.


When I finished sorting through the medicine this is pile that was expired....embarrassing..



Throwing this medicine away made me think if I was disposing of them the proper way.  I went to the FDA website and found a link that talks about how to properly throw away old medicine.  You can see it HERE.

After I cleaned out all of the expired medicine and sorted between the adult and children's medicine, I was ready to put them back into the plastic bins.




Here is our son's medicine.  I like dividing his up from ours because when he is sick (which is not often) the last thing you want to do is scramble trying to find his medicine.  Now all of his meds are in one place....ibuprofen, tylenol, inhalers, cough medicine, ear drops and benadryl.


I simply just made some quick labels and used a circle punch to label each bin and adhered them with double sided tape.....


Here is the adult medicine.....same thing, quick access when you need it..



I like having all of the dosage cups and thermometers in one location....



Our son is older now and he knows that he is not suppose to get in the medicine cabinet, but I still like to put it up high...The one and only thing I do leave in a drawer and within arms reach are Band-Aids...




I hope this post has inspired you to take a closer look into your medicine cabinet and see just whats in it!!

Thanks for stopping by...have a Great Weekend!!

Linking to:






4 comments:

  1. Great ideas! So helpful! We would love to invite you to join us at Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! We know our readers will love your ideas! Have a great weekend!
    Mackenzie :)
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com/saturday-show-tell-20/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea!! Definitely want to redo my medicines now! Thanks for the tips!

    Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac Monday!

    - Jaime
    http://mrsmamapanda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up, I hope you'll be back this week.
    -Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...