Friday, February 10, 2012

A Front Door Welcome

If you have read my blog for a while, you know that I love to decorate my front porch and make wreaths.  I wanted a new wreath for this upcoming season, but I also wanted to do something a little different.  When I was shopping a couple of weeks ago, I came across this big wicker basket with a burlap rope and fell in love with it.  I could just imagine it on my door with some beautiful rich colors that would accent my dark front door perfectly.  Here is what I came up with.....


I went to Hobby Lobby this week because their floral stems are 50% off and grabbed the small "A" from JoAnn's....

When I got to Hobby Lobby, I really had no particular color I was going for.  When I came across the purple berries I just thought they were so beautiful and homey looking.  I grabbed those first and just worked off that color scheme, which included greens and browns.


I started working from the back forward...I had no idea what I was doing, I was just trying to make everything even....here is a closer look at the floral stems.... 


I came across this roll of burlap at Michaels for $4.99 a roll.  I simply tied it around the basket and adhered my initial "A" with floral wire after I spray painted it with Rustoleum - Heirloom White.


Here are some side views....






I think the end result was exactly what I had imagined when I saw the basket.  I like that it's not bulky and too thick.  I loved the basket so much that I went back and bought the small basket for my hallway....I will post that pic on my facebook page.....

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!

Linking to:



Positively Splendid

UndertheTableandDreaming

27 comments:

  1. So cute and great alternative to a round wreath. Where did you get the slim basket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the basket, the flowers... all of it! Nice job!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! So prefect for spring. And I adore the touch of burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely arrangement !!! Thanks for sharing at COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. adore it! thanks for linking up to make it monday!!!

      Delete
  5. I'd love for you to come link this up at my Tuesday Time Out Party!

    http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com/2012/02/valentines-day-tuesday-time-out.html#.Tzp_eJjlyGc

    Smiles,
    Melanie

    Reasons To Skip The Housework {The Blog}
    Tinker B Boutique {The Shop}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling, Thanks for sharing at Design Dazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how this turned out. I pinned it. Definite inspiration for my spring "wreath."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! I love, love, love the wicker basket. And those green flowers are to die for. I know where I'm headed today, Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is gorgeous! I found you through Along For the Ride's Blog Hop. Love your blog! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the burlap ribbon! It adds a great homey feeling! This is so warming! I found you through OMF and I love your blog! Very well put together! I'm still trying to find my own way in the blogger world, my blog is "Life as I Ponder it..." @ LishaP16.blogspot.com...I'm still in the initial phases of getting things worked out but am blogging a few things now and again! Hope you can come by and see mine! I'll definitely check yours daily! Happy Blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love these blog hops where we get to find and meet new blog friends? Glad I found you. I'm a follower and I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Don't forget to get the new Linky tool since GFC is going away. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and so unique! Stopping over via the blog hop! So nice to meet you!I'm a new follower :)

    Lindsey
    outofalabaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you through the hop, gorgeous blog and lovely projects. I am now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's really pretty. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby here. I too found you through the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of your projects and have had a great time looking around your blog. Following along now!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get the thin basket?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, take a bow!

    You've put a "spring" in my step with your creative loveliness.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love this. Would you mind telling me where you purchased the basket. I have been all over town looking for one that is some what like yours. I also have been looking on line but have had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle...I have not forgotten about your question..I have been out of the country and just got back...I got my basket at JoAnn's and I took a look at their store yesterday and then came back and looked online but did not find the exact one I had, but they do have this basket that is just as pretty...Sorry for the delay....http://www.joann.com/home-inspirations-willow-wall-basket-grey/zprd_11191947a/

      Delete
  19. Stopping by from Kelly's Korner I am loving your wreath

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks really wonderful! I will definitely use this as inspiration for my own. I do love symmetry!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've got a beautiful wreath there! By the way, what does the letter "A" stand for? I'm really thinking about creating a wreath myself and yours will be the perfect inspiration. I will definitely use this and give it a try!

    Vernie Herr

    ReplyDelete
  22. This axrually wreath I put last initial on which an O. Thw ciecular ones I love but don't look the greatest w my intial for the feont door

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...