Tuesday, September 6, 2011

DIY Necklace/Bracelet Holder

I have received a lot of e-mails and comments regarding the Goodwill find I re-purposed into a jewelry holder.  It was one of my very first post and you can find it here.  Just a quick re-cap, I found an old coffee mug holder for .99 that I cleaned up and it now holds some of my necklaces and bracelets.  Alot of you are having trouble finding them, so I challenged myself to recreate and build one myself.

Here are the supplies I got at Hobby Lobby, all on sale for 50% off:

  • Round Base
  • Wooden Dowels
  • Wooden Pegs
  • Top Finials (there are two there because I could not decide what I wanted)



I started by drilling 2 holes going the opposite ways in one of the large dowels.


I sawed off the top finial of this because I liked the top of it.


I glued the top of the finial to the top of the dowel using wood glue.


I then glued the four pegs into either side of the holes I drilled and filled them with wood putty.



After the wood putty dried completely, I sanded all around to leave a clean finish and glued the dowel to the round wood base.


After it was dried completely, I spray painted it and distressed it.




To add a finishing touch, I hot glued some brown braided ribbon around the base and top of the finial.




All finished and ready to hang some jewelry.



This was a quick and easy project.  You can get everything at your craft store and remember to look for the sales or coupons.  This project was around $4.00!

Have a great week!

Linking to:






3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Nicole from Romanian Princess. I saw your blog on a link up and decided I better add you! Please return the favor and follow me back at:

    www.romanianprincess.com!

    XoXo Nicole Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy!
    I just blogged about using something similar for my jewelry! LOVE that you made yours! Check mine out http://objectofmayaffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...