Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What to do with Art Niches and a recycled Bench

When we purchased this house over a year ago, it had two big art niches on the second floor.  It was the first thing you saw when you walked up the stairs.  I did not have anything large enough to fill up the space so I decided to have my Dad build some shelves and it gave the space a whole new look.  (I wish I had a before picture, but I don't, sorry)  I now have a place to put some family pictures and a few decor items.

This is the view when you walk up the stairs.

Another view.
The Bench

My Mom and Dad had this in their garage for quite a while.  It was from a home entertainment center my Dad built a long time ago.  It had been removed from the center to make way for a new TV.  They were going to throw it away but I took it because I knew I could do something with it.  I painted it black and distressed it and them made a cushion and pillows for it.  I purchased some baskets from TJ Maxx and my son's instruments are in a basket and then some hats and costumes are in the other.




I love the way this whole look came together with minimal cost.  Hope you get inspired if you have some art niches that your not exactly sure what to do with!

Have a great day!

Linking to:

http://www.thirtysixthavenue.com/

3 comments:

  1. that looks great, i love the black and white color combo. have you thought about painting the back of the niche? i'm seeing that alot in blogland, and it looks so neat and really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog through a link party and I'm glad I did, you have some great ideas! I am your newest follower and hope you'll stop by my blog and check it out if you have a moment.

    Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...