Thursday, August 25, 2011

PBK Inspired Curtains

Let me first say, please do not look at the quality of the pictures.  These were taken with my iPhone b/c I was too lazy to get my big Canon from downstairs....sorry!

My son needed curtains in his room in the worst way because it is so freakin hot right now in Texas and his room was so bright.  I went to PBK with the intent of buying four lined panels that I thought were on sale.  Well guess what, they were only on sale online!  I then noticed the price for only ONE panel was $79.00...that would mean I had to pay $316 for curtains.  Don't think so.  Later on that day I was in Target and walked by the department that had the curtains and noticed they had curtains in the same exact color and their brand came with 2 Panels for $17.99.  Whaaaa...the only downfall is that they weren't lined.  I knew that I could line them and still save alot of money.  I got 8 1/2 yards of blackout lining at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon and only paid $35.00.  With the help of my mother in law, we cranked these curtains out in about an hour!

What would you rather pay?

PBK = $316.00
Target/Hobby Lobby = $71.00


Do you see the difference....lined and unlined!





I can't tell you what a difference these curtains have made.  It stays so cool in his room and he is sleeping better because the light doesn't wake him up.  

Have a great day!

Missy

Linking to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...