Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Craft Room

Welcome to my Craft Room!  I am so excited to post these pictures because that means that the state of my craft room right now is clean!

I love that I have a place in my home to retreat and create.  It's not just a place where I come and make things but it's also a place where I keep alot of special things.  A place where you can find pictures, crafts my son makes at school or little trinkets that I find at flea markets.   

My Dad made most of the pieces in here.  I just tell my Dad what I want and he has the plans drawn in his head before we even get off the phone.  He is an amazing craftsman.  

I will explain as I go..please enjoy and send me questions about anything you wish to know more of.


MY DESK

This is the area that I do alot of my work.  I love that I can sit down when I need to, but I find most of the time I like to stand.  This desk holds my cricut, tv and alot of trinkets.  My mother in law helped me put a skirt around the table with curtains found at Hobby Lobby.  All of the black and white damask fabric are 4 curtain panels from Hobby Lobby.  Purchased at 1/2 price each time, it amounted to $40.00. We used every square inch of the fabric too!




Love the table skirt because it covers alot of mess under my desk!
Lamp purchased at TJ Maxx and I just added a bow to it.  I think it adds alot of charm.
My best friend Carrie made this adorable stand.   It's a candlestick and cheese tray!

Found this at an antique store during my recent trip to Arkansas.  Painted it and added some vinyl.


MY CRAFT ISLAND

We customized the island so on one side I would have a place to hold my scrapbook paper and the other side holds a bin of wrapping paper.  Remember the bar stools, they fit perfectly on either side.




MY BOOKCASE





DRAWER CUBICLES
Purchased these at Michael's.

TABLE



Found this cute little table at Goodwill for $4.99.  (It needed some work)
  I cleaned it up and painted it turquoise.

MY SEWING TABLE


This sewing table was my Grandmother's.  I'm happy that I could be able to re-use it.
I think of her every time I sit down to sew.


CURTAINS

This is an old window pane I purchased in Warrenton, TX for $5.00.  It's been several places in my home with different sayings but it fit perfectly above my window.  I used binder clips that I spray painted and embellished to hold the curtain.  Again, I used (excuse me, pieced together) the fabric I had and made a valance.  I cut out the word CREATE from some turquoise vinyl I picked up at OH MY CRAFTS.  Literally, this whole window treatment cost less than $15.00.







FRAMED PEG BOARD AND CORK BOARD

This is the newest addition to the craft room.  

I plan to cover both of these frames in one of my future posts.  Want to show you what I did.  Less than $30.00 to make both pieces.






These cute little containers are from Lockerlookz



Thank you for taking time to look at this long post and I hope you enjoyed what you saw.  If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to bother me.  I welcome any of your comments!

Have a great day!

Linking to:

http://www.thirtysixthavenue.com/
http://www.fingerprintsonthefridge.com/
http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/

30 comments:

  1. Missy, your craft room is FABULOUS! What a beautiful place for creative inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, I'm speechless! Can I hire you to redo my craft space??? It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great craft room! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is amazing! We are having a creative space link up party over at Scatter Girls right now we would love to have you link up and show off your space! http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/07/creative-spaces-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Love the colors!!!
    Jen @ www.chickypoo209.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FABULOUS craft room! I wish to have something like your room SOMEDAY! Love Love it!
    http://jinkyscrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I'm stealing your candlstick and cheesetray idea! Somehow two cheesetrays ended up in my boxes at last week's auction. Now I know why.

    Lovely. Following.

    gertie @ www.theoldblockhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful craft room! Love the pops of turquoise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be an amazing area to craft in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your turquoise table!!!! Cheese tray looks good in your craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm green with envy! My craft studio is a gigantic mess and it totally hinders my creativity! I think I'm going to go organize something now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing room! I think you need to come to Houston and help with mine:). Loving your 'create' wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would never leave if I had that desk and island. Great room for creating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you on The 36th Avenue...super cute craft room..wishing mine was as neat and tidy as yours! You have given me lots of great ideas for my crafting STUFF! Thanks for sharing, have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummmy!

    Thank you so much for sharing it at my link party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Missy -- thanks so much for sharing your creative space and for linking up to the T.G.I.F. Linky Party -- your room is AWESOME!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got a beautiful space. My favorite detail oddly enough are the clips holding your valance. Looks like you've got wonderfuly creative space to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your room. I'm very envous of how organized and cohesive it all is. I'm curious if you made your desk or if you found it somewhere. I love how long it is...would love to have something that big. And what about your island, did you build that from various elements? Would love to know! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW this room is GREAT!! I love what you did with it!
    Hugs!
    Jamielyn
    I ♥ Nap Time

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, your room is amazing. I would never leave if it were mine! Can I borrow your dad? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You just GOT a STICKER from me ;)

    I am featuring your room tomorrow on my blog...thank you SO much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Missy -- Your wonderful craft room was the top viewed post last week on my T.G.I.F. Linky Party -- congrats!

    Check out the feature…...
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/07/tgif-linky-party-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your room is just beautiful! It's so pulled together. This gives me something to aspire to! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your room! The colors are fabulous!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing your craft room (even though I'm slightly jealous!) :) It is fantastic! I have an old singer sewing machine/table that was my great grandmothers that I would love to use! Would love for you to link it up at my party : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great space and so neat. I would like to know if you would share the components of the island? It is great and I love the paper stack.

    ReplyDelete
  28. How did you create the island? I love how functional this is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...