Thursday, July 7, 2011

Estate Sale Find

I have a craft room that I will be sharing with you soon, but in the meantime I wanted to show you a bargain I recently found on my first ever estate sale.  I was reluctant about going because I had never been to one before and thought it would be interesting to see what they were all about.  I have a work island that my Dad built for me for a 1/3 of the price from the one in that fancy home decorating "? Barn" catalog. I found myself always standing up to work but thought it would be nice to have a couple of barstools that my son could sit at and do work while he was up there with me.

I found these two barstools for $10.00 a piece.  I knew they would work the moment I saw them.  They were in pretty bad shape and they were SOOOOOOO dirty.  These were such a steal because the height is a hard one to find.







Here is the finished product.  I used a turquoise paint from Sherwin Williams because I have decided to use it as an accent color in my black and white craft room.  

The seat covers are actually from a curtain panel from Hobby Lobby that I already had.




Sneak peak at my work island..My Dad and I customized it to hold my scrapbooking paper.

19 comments:

  1. What a dramatic difference!! Gorgeous!! Come check me out when you get a chance and follow me back. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just popping in from Tatortots and jello and I just say your stools are darling! I love that you used curtain panels! thanks for sharing!

    brandenjessicakeck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that color combo. Great job on the refinishing. I'm thinking about doing my dining room chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazing craft desk!!!!! I'm lovin the chairs too! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great and they fit perfectly with your craft table. Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out great! I have some stools to make over that I found at a garage sale, and this was perfect inspiration :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combination on the bar stools. I can't wait to see your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how these turned out! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm seeing this color all over the place!! i guess that means i need to find something to paint!! :) Great project!! I love the combo of the bright blue with the black/white damask pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, they look really good now. Now google following, please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a gorgeous combination. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow these turned out great! love it!
    stopping by from crafty confessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are adorable!! I LOVE turquoise!! I love your blog and am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great!! What a HUGE difference. Great job. New follower here. :)
    Amanda @ thelittlegiggler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love 'em!! What a good idea to use an old curtain! That may change how I look for fabric! =) Awesome craft desk!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you did with these! Perfect color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colors on these stools are perfect and I have such envy for your craft island :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. holy moley!!
    such a great job!
    and your craft island is to die for.
    amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm an instant fan of your blog! I'm working on a craft room too and you gave me a great idea for my table which was last on my list! Share ALL OF IT SOON! Did you buy the base at IKEA?
    pattiemoss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...